Tile regeneration

I mostly had a vacation-y day today, but did some refactoring of earlier parts of the project that struck me as a bit crufty. I also changed the map system to slowly regrow tiles:

It basically works, except that when the tiles regrow they aren’t properly integrated into the physics model. Since this process is exactly what happens when a tile is destroyed and that works fine, I’ve been banging my head against the wall trying to figure out what’s wrong. Sometimes you have to know when to call it a night — often I find I can suss out the bug in five minutes the next morning.

As an aside, I learned that setting the alpha channel of the color given to SpriteBatch.draw() does nothing. You have to multiply the color itself by your alpha, between 0 and 1. This is convenient, but I don’t know how I was supposed to figure it out.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *